Scholarship Discounts allow a league to provide a discount to on-line registration, team, and/or event payments made for specific players or for any member of a recipient family.
- A family refers to all users (adults) and children in the same family profile. All child records are part of one family, while user/adult records may belong to multiple families.
- A registration payment is the seasonal payment made to activate a player's registration.
- A team payment (aka 'tournament payment') is a payment made after a player is registered that is applied to a team to which the player has been assigned. Any competition may support team payments -- they are called 'tournament payments' because the system was designed to serve tournament teams with variable and ongoing expenses throughout the season.
- An event payment is a fee charged to either an adult or a child signing up for an event created using the event manager.
- A scholarship is a discount applied to either a specific player or all users and children in a family. It is either a dollar amount (a flat discount) or a percentage by which all relevant payments are to be reduced. Scholarships may apply to any combination of registration payments, tournament payments, or event payments. Scholarships are persistent -- they last until they are removed and do not need to be renewed each season, though they may (optionally) have expiration dates after which they will be automatically purged.
Only registrar and webmaster-level users can add or remove scholarship discounts.
To add or remove a scholarship from a family, access the User Editor under the Administrators tab and search for any adult in the family to which you would like to add a scholarship. Access the adult's user record and select the Scholarships tab. You will see a list of all adults and children in that user's family.
To add or remove a scholarship from an individual player, access the Player Editor and search for the player to whom you would like to add a scholarship. Note that you can only add scholarships to players with existing registrations in the system - though the registration does not have to be current. To give a scholarship to a new player that has never been registered, you must (for now) grant the scholarship to the family by accessing one of the parent records.
If a scholarship already exists, you may remove it and then add a new one. If a scholarship does not exist, you can specify whether you want a 'flat' (dollar amount) discount or the inLeague-recommended percentage-off discount.
Check the box next to registration payments, team payments, and/or event payments as deired. Scholarships will only apply to tournament payments with fixed amounts and not 'variable' payments, since any dollar amount can be entered for a variable tournament payment.
Q: Is it possible to apply a 100% discount and make registration or events with fees free of charge?
A: Yes - it is now possible to permit 'zero fee' registrations.
Q: Do scholarships 'stack' with event coupons?
Q: Is it possible to apply different scholarship rates to the three kinds of payments, e.g. a 10% discount for registration payments but a 20% discount for tournament payments?
A: Not at this time. Please contact your inLegaue regional liaison if this feature would be useful to your league!
Q: If both the family and an individual player within the family have a scholarship, are they added together? Which one is used?
A: A player-specific scholarship will always be used if it exists and discounts are not added together. Even if a player has a player-specific scholarship, however, the system will still check for a family scholarship if the player's does not apply. For instance, if the family has an Event payment discount but the player has only a registration discount, the family scholarship will apply to events the player signs up for even though the player's scholarship does not specify an event discount.